This website was last tested on 24th January 2022. We use the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines V2.1 level A and level AA to test how accessible paddockandlongwoodfamilypractice.nhs.uk is.
We used this approach to deciding on a sample of pages to test:
- Looked at all mediums used on the site for example text, images, maps, videos, forms etc
- Added at least one page per item to our sample list
- Always include the homepage
The test was carried out by The Health Informatics Service Web Department. Automated tests were used to check the accessibility of the site but they do not show most accessibility issues. We used Lighthouse to audit each page in the sample for accessibility issues. We used Wave and Axe DevTools to test for accessibility issues on pages that do not need users to sign in. Errors found were correlated and checked manually. A keyboard, tab through and zoom check was done. These tests were completed using a Google Chrome browser on Windows 10 with a 14 inch screen.
- 1.4.3 Contrast (Minimum) (Level AA) - Very low contrast between text and background colours
- 1.1.1 Non-text Content (Level A) - Missing alternatvie text
- 2.1.1 (Keyboard) - An event handler is present that may not be accessible
- The site makes use of multiple PDFs, Word documents and PowerPoints. Some are a legal requirement. These are not accessible to some screen reader software.