This accessibility statement applies to paddockandlongwoodfamilypractice.nhs.uk only.
This website is run by Paddock and Longwood Family Practice. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
The website is designed to be compatible with assistive technologies and the last two versions of the browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Safari. In older browsers, some aspects of the website may not display optimally. The website is not designed for Internet Explorer.
- Some aspects of the site have very low contrast between text and background colours
- Alternavtive text is missing from some images
- An event handler is present that may not be accessible
- Most older PDF, PowerPoints and Word documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- call 01484 531786
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact:
Phone number: 01484 531786
1 Speedwell St,
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- 1.4.3 Contrast (Minimum) (Level AA) - Very low contrast between text and background colours
- 1.1.1 Non-text Content (Level A) - Missing alternatvie text
- 2.1.1 (Keyboard) - An event handler is present that may not be accessible
- The site makes use of multiple PDFs, Word documents and PowerPoints. Some are a legal requirement. These are not accessible to some screen reader software.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are fixing content which fails to meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard. We will update this page when issues are fixed.
This statement was prepared on 21st January 2022. It was last reviewed on 24th January 2022.
This website was last tested on 24th January 2022. The test was carried out by The Health Informatics Service Web Department. We use the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines V2.1 level A and level AA to test how accessible paddockandlongwoodfamilypractice.nhs.uk is.
We used this approach to deciding on a sample of pages to test:
- Looked at all mediums used on the site for example text, images, maps, videos, forms etc
- Added at least one page per item to our sample list
- Always include the homepage
- We used Lighthouse to audit each page in the sample for accessibility issues.
- We used Wave to automatically test for accessibility issues on pages that do not need users to sign in.
- We used Axe DevTools to test for accessibility issues on pages that do not need users to sign in.